February 10, 2017 Update:
- On May 23, 2016 the Town Council accepted the 2016 Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan, which has a 20-year vision for Falmouth. The Town will use this plan as a reference document in developing its Annual Work Plans, operating and capital improvements budgets, and Tax Increment Financing (TIF) development plans.
- On July 25, 2016 the Town Council accepted a 2-year workplan for 2016-18 and authorized the formation of an informal stakeholder group.
- On October 26, 2016 the Stakeholder Group (+/- 40 people) met for the first time. The updated and reorganized work plan that was presented and the PowerPoint presentation are linked on left side.
- On January 25, 2017 two forums were held to discuss Route 1 North and possible "Complete Street" bicycle and pedestrian improvements in that area (see sidebar).
- On February 16, 2017, the second Stakeholder Meeting will be held to discuss "Complete Street" ideas for the Route 1/88 intersection and Route 1 North as well as to provide community-wide bicycle-pedestrian updates (see sidebar)
- See Route 1 North Committee site for draft Complete Street recommendations.
Two versions of the 2016 Plan are posted on the left side of this page. One version is complete and has all the attachments; the other contains only the plan text, recommendations, and two maps. In 2016 the Plan won the "Plan of the Year" Award from the Maine Association of Planners.
Your feedback: Please let Theo Holtwijk know if you would like to be added to the Stakeholder Group notifications. Also, please share your thoughts or ideas that you may have, and if you want to “roll up your sleeves” and get into trail building or educational program planning with us (or tackle another specific topic)!
|Theo Holtwijk||Director of Long-Range Planning||207-699-5340|
|Theo Holtwijk||Director of Long-Range Planning|