ATTENTION RESIDENTS OF FALMOUTH
The Falmouth Police Department has been receiving complaints of possible Consumer Fraud from a number of residents. This agency along with the Maine Attorney General’s Office Consumer Fraud Division is compiling a list of complainants.
The company involved is “David Ireland Builders, (DIB)” If you used this company to have your gas line and any appliances installed by D.I.B. and provided a deposit for the work to be done, but have not heard from DIB you are instructed to contact either the Falmouth Police Department or the Maine Attorney General’s Office.
Prior to calling or e-mailing in your complaint you should plan on having the following information available.
- Your Name, Address, Phone Number.
- Copies of estimates.
- Copy of the installation contract.
- Amount of deposit you provided.
- Copy of your cancelled check or bank record of the transaction.
- How were you contacted, First visit to home.
- What was offered.
- Were install dates offered or agreed to, if so what were they.
- Was a blower test performed at your residence.
- Was there any pressure, coercion or other influence to sign a contract or agree to work or down payment.
Here is the site:
On the site it has the email address to contact the Attorney Generals Office about the situation:
For the Consumer protection division hotline: 1-800-436-2131