1. Vehicle permit stickers are $5.00 annually. The color of the sticker will change year-to-year. Stickers will be valid until December 31.
2. Disposal of certain materials require disposal tickets, which are $5.00 each. Tickets are available at Town Hall, Public Works, Shaw's, Hannaford, Town Landing Market, and Waldo's. Most materials will cost 1 or 2 tickets ($5.00 or $10.00). Tickets are not available for sale at the Transfer Station.
Disposal rates are as follows:
- Computer monitor: 1 Ticket
- Appliance: 2 Tickets
- Television (<40"): 1 Ticket
- Propane tank: 1 Ticket
- Television (console or >40"): 2 Tickets
- Car battery: 1 Ticket
- Computer hard drive: 1 Ticket
- Tire: 1 Ticket
- Printer/scanner/copier: 1 Ticket
- Commercial brush: 2 Tickets (pickup load)
- Commercial leaves: 2 Tickets (pickup load)
- Bulky waste (under 35lbs): 1 Ticket
- Bulky waste (over 35lbs): 2 Tickets
- Fluorescent lights/tubes: 1 Ticket (for up to 2 lights)
Items not accepted:
- Pressure treated wood
- All construction debris
- Certain household hazardous wastes - See side link for more information
- Old ammunition - contact the State Fire Marshall's office at 626-3870 or Falmouth Gun Club at 797-0048
- Styrofoam Packaging - can be recycled at the UPS store on Route 1 in Falmouth
There is no charge for the following materials:
- Waste oil
- Paint products (under the Maine paint stewardship law)
- Scrap metal
- Leaves and brush (residential)
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs "CFL's"
- Wood pallets
- Metal cell phones
- Mercury-containing thermostats/devices
- Re-usable commodities (as determined by the Town)
- Rechargeable batteries
Christmas trees can be disposed of year-round at the Transfer Station. Be sure to remove all tinsel, wire, bases, and decorations before disposing.
All non-recyclable materials taken to the Transfer Station must be in the Falmouth yellow trash bags or have a disposal ticket. If you have any questions about disposal of items at the Transfer Station, contact Public Works at 781-3919.