1. Vehicle permit stickers are $5.00 annually. The color of the sticker will change year-to-year. Stickers will be valid until December 31.
2. Disposal of certain materials require disposal tickets, which are $5.00 each. Tickets are available at Town Hall, Public Works, Shaw's, Hannaford, Town Landing Market, and Waldo's. Most materials will cost 1 or 2 tickets ($5.00 or $10.00). Tickets are not available for sale at the Transfer Station.
Disposal rates are as follows:
- Computer Monitor: 1 Ticket
- Appliance: 2 Tickets
- Television (<40"): 1 Ticket
- Propane Tank: 1 Ticket
- Television (console or >40"): 2 Tickets
- Car Battery: 1 Ticket
- Computer Hard Drive: 1 Ticket
- Tire: 1 Ticket
- Printer/scanner/copier: 1 Ticket
- Commercial Brush: 2 Tickets (pickup load)
- Commercial Leaves: 2 Tickets (pickup load)
- Bulky Waste (under 35lbs): 1 Ticket
- Bulky Waste (over 35lbs): 2 Tickets
- Fluorescent Lights/Tubes: 1 Ticket (for up to 2 lights)
Items not accepted:
- Pressure Treated Wood
- All Construction Debris
- Certain Household Hazardous Wastes
There is no charge for the following materials:
- Waste oil
- Paint Products (under the Maine paint stewardship law)
- Scrap Metal
- leaves and brush (residential)
- compact fluorescent light bulbs "CFL's"
- wood pallets
- metal cell phones
- mercury-containing thermostats/devices
- re-usable commodities (as determined by the Town)
- rechargeable batteries
Christmas trees can be disposed of year-round at the Transfer Station. Be sure to remove all tinsel, wire, bases, and decorations before disposing.
All non-recyclable materials taken to the Transfer Station must be in the Falmouth yellow trash bags or have a disposal ticket. If you have any questions about disposal of items at the Transfer Station, contact Public Works at 781-3919.