Updated June 5, 2020
FALMOUTH PARKS, PLAYGROUNDS & FACILITIES
All parks, facilities, and athletic fields reopened on June 1.
Falmouth Trails and trailhead parking are open. Social distancing precautions remain in place and parking at several locations is limited to every other space. See guidelines below regarding safe trail use.
The Town encourages residents to stay active and seek outdoor exercise in their own neighborhoods. However, with public safety as our primary concern, the following guidelines have been put in place with regard to the trails:
- Practice social distancing: Stay at least six feet away from other people who do not live in your household. Step aside when passing other people on the trail. Groups of 10 or more are prohibited. We encourage visitors to wear masks. On loop trails, travel clockwise to limit passing others on the trail.
- Dogs should be leashed at all times. Pet waste and other trash must be carried out.
Be prepared and stay safe with the following tips:
- If you are sick or may have been exposed to Covid-19, stay at home.
- Have a Plan B. If the trail is crowded and social distancing cannot effectively be practiced, seek an alternate activity or return at another time when fewer people are there.
- Be mindful of wet soggy spots. If you cannot walk or bike through wet areas, turn around and find another place to exercise. Stepping or riding off the trail will cause damage to spring vegetation, disrupt wildlife, and encourage widening of trails.
- Don’t engage in risky behavior. Trails are still muddy and slick in areas. Stick to easier trails to avoid injuries which might add stress on first responders and medical resources. Tell someone where you are going and when you expect to return.
- Remember: Ticks are out. Take all precautions to avoid them.
- Consider shortening your visit to limit crowding and also allow others to enjoy the trails.
- Don’t touch signs, benches, kiosks, etc.