According to Maine State Law, any dog over age 6 months must be licensed by January 1 each year. Licenses are good for one year and expire on December 31.
- Neutered/Spayed Dog - $6.00
- Unaltered Male or Female - $11.00
Two Ways To Register!
In person: Registration is available at the Clerk’s Office at Falmouth Town Hall (271 Falmouth Road). You must present the following at the time of registration:
- a current Maine rabies certificate, and
- a neutering certificate if the dog has been altered
Online : Register online via https://apps1.web.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/dog_license/index.pl. The online dog licensing service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, October 15th-January 31st. Online registrations require:
- a credit card,
- a rabies certificate,
- your veterinarian’s information,
- a license/tag number (if a renewal),
- and a spay or neuter certificate (if your dog has been altered).
If you are licensing a wolf hybrid, service/search or rescue dog or obtaining a kennel license, please contact the Falmouth Town Clerk’s office at: 207-699-5305.