How do I obtain a marriage license?

Any one looking to get married will need to come to the Town Hall, during business hours, with proper identification (this could be a drivers license, state i.d. card, and/or passport). However, if either party was previously married, we must see the paperwork showing the prior marriage was legally dissolved. It is a requirement that the document have an original signature or a raised seal from the issuer on it. Also, no photo copies are accepted. The fee for filing marriage intentions is $40.00. The intentions can be filed up to and including the day of the wedding ceremony and are good for 90 days after filing.