In 2015 a Wayfinding Signage report was accepted by the Council. Most of the directional signs were in summer 2019. Remaining signs for Route 100 area will be installed upon completion of road construction there.
In 2018-2019 the Town worked with T.Y. Lin to develop a plan outlining a future vision for Blackstrap Road. This plan will:
- Articulate a vision for the Blackstrap Road corridor;
- Help to identify, guide, and coordinate a range of future infrastructure investments along the corridor, including road and pavement condition, drainage and maintenance concerns, intersection alignments, and bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure;
- Provide options with regard to recommended infrastructure improvements, along with relevant cost estimates; and,
- Prioritize implementation steps.
In 2019, the Town initiated a study to discuss current conditions and future of the Johnson/Town Landing Roads and Depot Road intersections with Route 88.Topics will include, but not be limited to:
- bicycle and pedestrian safety;
- traffic volume, safety, and flow;
- general appearance of roadway and roadway accompaniments; and
A Public Forum was held on December 11, 2019. Feedback can be found in the link to the left. Town staff and a Traffic Consultant are developing potential improvement options. These will be reviewed ata second forum (date TBD).
In 2019 the Town of Falmouth initiated, with support of the West Falmouth Crossing (WFC) property owners, an effort to review the West Falmouth Crossing Master Plan (which was developed in the late 1990s) and conduct a development feasibility analysis of the West Falmouth Crossing area. Objectives for this study are to:
- Identify a site and prepare concept plans for a park and ride facility for 24± spaces off Exit 53 and a 100+ space park and ride facility should a passenger train facility be required
- Identify a site for a new bus stop (potentially near park and ride facility) that would service Portland area commuters.
- Explore the feasibility of a new Downeaster passenger train platform (potentially near the expanded park and ride facility) that would service passengers travelling between Brunswick and Boston.
- Develop concept plan(s) for remaining West Falmouth Crossing property that is currently either available for development or restricted from development.
For additional information on these projects, see the sidebar on left.
|Theo Holtwijk||Director of Long-Range Planning/Economic Development||207-699-5340|