The Town of Falmouth enforces the Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code (MUBEC) as adopted under state statute.
MUBEC is made up of the following codes and standards:
• 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
• 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
• 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
• 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
For more information, visit the Bureau of Building Codes & Standards website.
The Town of Falmouth also enforces the following additional codes and rules:
• Maine Internal Plumbing Rules
• The Maine Subsurface Wastewater Disposal Rules
• NFPA 211 - Standard for Chimneys, Fireplaces, Vents, and Solid Fuel
• NFPA 31 - Standard for Oil Burning Equipment
• NFPA 101 - Life Safety Code
• NFPA 70 - National Electrical Code