- How do I establish an online account?
- How do I register for an online activity?
- How many accounts should each family have?
- How many family members can I add to my account?
- Can I view activities without registering?
- What do I do if I forgot my password?
- What will happen if I try to register for an activity that is fully enrolled?
- Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts online?
- How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled activities?
- Do I pay a convenience fee?
- Why do I get an error that tells me I am already registered?
- Why do I get an error that says my session has expired?
- How do I know if my registration was successful?
- Should I create a username and password?
- Why do I get an error when trying to create my username and password?
- How do I change the information in my profile that appears after I log in?
- Is Active.com a secure site?
- I can't view my receipt from the e-mails Active.com sent me. Can you help?
- Why do I get an error that tells me my cart is empty?
How do I establish an online account?
Before registering for any programs or activities online, you must establish an online registration account and receive a Customer ID and Password.
This is how you create an online registration account:
1) Click on the "My Account" button.
2) Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including birth date and click Submit. Please submit your request only once.
Please Note: If you are registering a child for a program, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) Your account will be automatically approved. You will also receive an email confirming the successful entry of your account. This email is normally sent to you within 24 hours of requesting an online registration account. Be sure to keep a record of your password. Write down your password as you will need it to register online in the future.
ALTERNATIVE RESPONSE FOR ACCOUNT APPROVAL for #3:
You will receive an email automatically after submitting your request for an account. Your account will be activated only after you have responded by clicking on the link provided in the email.
How do I register online for an activity?
Once your account has been established and approved (see above questions), registration for programs and activities is easy:
1) Click the "Register Now" button on the registration home page.
2) Select the activity that you would like to enroll in. Clicking the underlined activity name will show you a detailed activity description.
3) Click on the "Add to My Cart" button if you wish to register for the activity.
4) Next, login to your online Registration Account by entering your Customer ID and Password. Proceed to your Checkout Shopping Cart by clicking the Continue button. From this screen you empty or remove activities from your cart, view more activities and add them to your cart, or update your cart information.
Important: If more than one family member will be attending the activity, change the quantity registering for the activity and then click on the Update Cart button.
5) Confirm your activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
6) Click "Continue" to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Click "Yes". Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page. Click "Continue". This system accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the "My Account" button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
7) Print your receipt for the online registration. Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
How many accounts should each family have?
We recommend that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a Head of Household and then add all family member names to the account after it is established (see next question).
How many family members can I add to my account?
You may add as many members into your account as necessary.
Can I view activities without registering?
You can always browse through the activities without registering. Click the "Register Now" button and look at all the activities that are offered.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
From the My Account program, enter your Login name. Then check the “Forgot your Password” box and click Continue. You will advance to the custom security question you created when establishing your account. If, after reviewing your custom security question you do not recall your password, or if your password is not valid, please contact our office during normal business hours and a member of our staff will assist you.
What will happen if I try to register for an activity that is fully enrolled?
Your name will be placed on a waiting list to be contacted in the event that a space in that class/activity opens up or additional classes are added. If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click the "Remove" button that appears on the screen. If a space opens for the class, you will be contacted immediately. If we are unable to contact you within 24 hours, your space will be given to the next customer on the wait list.
Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts online?
Yes, from the date on which your online account is established. The "My Account" feature allows you to view a detailed list of your past transactions. Just login, click the "My Account" button, and select the program(s) providing transaction history.
How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled activities?
The My Account feature allows you to view a weekly schedule of your family’s upcoming scheduled activities. Just login, click on the My Account button, and then click on Family Schedule. A weekly schedule will display all of the activities your family has been enrolled in and allow you to click on the activity for more information, such as the facility location where the activity is being held.
Do I pay a convenience fee?
Yes, there is a small convenience fee typical of any internet sales site. The fee is 6.5 percent of the total receipt amount
Why do I get an error that tells me I am already registered?
You may have already tried registering for that category. Click on the “View Shopping Cart” button to see what you already have in your shopping cart for payment. If that registration is correct, you may continue. If it is not, you can edit it or delete the entry altogether by clicking on the appropriate button on the payment summary
If you were trying to register another person when getting that message, click on the “View Shopping Cart” button and review the registration. Choose the appropriate button below the payment summary to register for another category (within the same event), register someone else, register a minor, or register for another event. Then you may continue the registration process.
Why do I get an error that says my session has expired?
Our site has multiple security measures to ensure the safety of your information. One is to time out a registration when one page has been left idle for too long. Our system reads this as an abandoned registration and prevents that registration from proceeding to ensure that someone else does not submit your information without authorization. You will have to start the registration process over. You do this by clicking on the link in the error message that says, “click here.” This will pop up a new window that signs you out of the previous session and allows you to begin a new registration session.
How do I know if my registration was successful?
After submitting your payment, it will take a little while to process. Once the transaction is completed, a screen will appear that states, “Congratulations, your registration was successful. ACTIVE.COM REGISTRATION will appear on your credit card statement.” It will also give you a confirmation number (confirming your registration and transaction). There is a link that when you click on it, you can print out your receipt-we recommend you do this as the receipt is for your records and it also has your confirmation number on it.
You should also receive some re-confirmation e-mails that re-confirm payment and registration. The e-mails are sent to the address entered in on each person's registration form. Payment re-confirmations go to the person who processed the registration(s). The e-mails are automatically sent by our system, and as with any e-mail, they have the chance of going undelivered due to a technical problem.
Should I create a username and password?
Creating a username and password on Active.com will make future registrations easier by keeping some of your information on file for the next time you register online. All you have to do is log in before beginning your next registration, and when you go to fill out the form, some of your information will already be filled out for you.
Why do I get an error when trying to create my username and password?
That message means that one of our other users has created a profile using that username. Our system does not allow identical user ID's. Try another version of that username or a different one altogether. Make sure you write down your username and password once it is established so that you may use it in the future.
How do I change the information in my profile that appears after I log in?
Go to your My Active page (you will be required to log in with your username and password). Choose “Personal Profile” from the menu on the right side and then click “edit all settings”. Make any changes necessary and click “Submit.” Your profile will have been updated to reflect your changes.
Is Active.com a secure site?
Active.com uses a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Credit card numbers are encrypted in our secure database that is located behind a firewall. All personal information collected on Active.com is stored in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public. All credit card information supplied by users is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
If you would like additional information, please read our Privacy Statement or our Secure Server Info page.
I can't view my receipt from the e-mails Active.com sent me. Can you help?
There are a few reasons why this might happen. If you get prompted to enter in an existing username and password, then that means you created one or used an existing one during registration. If that is the case, enter in that username and password into the spaces provided and click “submit.” Your receipt should appear.
If you get prompted to create a NEW username and password, that means you did not create or use a username and password when registering on our site. All you have to do is create one in the spaces provided (be creative as we have a lot of users). The receipt will appear once you create a valid username and password.
NOTE: You cannot use an existing username and password, even if it is yours, because you are being asked to create a brand new user ID since you did not create or use one when registering.
Why do I get an error that tells me my cart is empty?
You have received a message that says your “Cart is Empty” because our servers have restarted and you have been timed out or your cookies are not enabled. When this happens your shopping cart is completely emptied.
To restart your registration, completely close your browser and then re-open your browser and go to www.active.com/active. In the upper left-hand corner of the home page there should be a “login” link. If you do not see this link, and instead see a message, “Welcome back” with your name, please click on the logout link before you continue. By logging yourself out you will completely restart your session.
Cookies are used by Web services to help enhance their service to you, by storing certain information about your preferences on your own computer. In order to enable your cookies please follow the steps bellow according to your browser:
Internet Explorer 6.0 on a PC
1. Open a browser
2. Click on Tools (top bar)
3.Then choose Internet Options
4. Click the Privacy tab
5.Make sure the setting is at medium, which will allow you to accept cookies. To change this setting, move the slider to determine which setting you prefer.
Internet Explorer 5.0 on a PC
1. Open a browser
2. Click on Tools (top bar)
3. Then choose Internet Options
4. Click the Security tab
5. Click on the Internet icon (world icon), and click on Custom Level
6. Scroll through the list down to Cookies and choose Enable.
7. Click OK to save changes.
Netscape 6.0 on a PC
1. Open a browser
2. Click Edit (top bar)
3. Then click Preferences
4. Select to expand Privacy & Security from the category explorer (left column) **click on the little arrow
5. Cookies will appear in the right side of the window, make sure that they are set at “Accept all Cookies” and hit OK to save changes
Internet Explorer 5.0 for Macs
1. Open a browser
2. Click Edit (top bar)
3. Select Preferences
4. Select to Cookies from the category explorer (left column)
5. Cookies will appear in the right side of the window, make sure that the question “When receiving Cookies” is set at “Never Ask” and hit OK to save changes.